With the presidential election just weeks away, you can expect to be inundated with predictions about how the winner will impact the markets and the economy.
It may be entertaining to guess how the outcome of the election will impact your wealth, but this becomes a futile exercise once you realize how much there is that we don’t know about what comes next. Not only do we not know who is going to win but also:
- We don’t know which policies they’re going to implement while in office.
- We don’t know how amenable the other party will be to those policies.
- We don’t know how the person in office will impact consumer spending and sentiment in the economy.
- We don’t know which sectors or industries will be the biggest winners and losers.
- We don’t know how investors will react or what they have already priced in regarding the outcome of